Bright Eyes // Three Favorites For Waking Up Tired Eyes

Hey lovelies! Today I wanted to let you in on a few of my current favorites for not only my everyday makeup routine, but for waking up dark, tired eyes in general. Dark under-eye circles tend to run in my family, so I am constantly trying to come up with ways to brighten the area. Pair that with some seasonal allergies causing redness in my waterline and we are just a hot mess in the morning! This post will feature the Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara, the Rimmel Scandaleyes Nude Eyeliner, and the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye  Under Eye Brightening Concealer. A few posts ago I wrote about my favorite combination for concealing my under-eyes, and I still LOVE that combo; I will never take it out of my beauty routine probably! However, this concealer I would like to review packs in the same brightening and long-wearing properties without having to mix two different concealers!

No makeup...scary!
In those photos, I am makeup free and bearing my dark circles in all their glory, as well as my reddish/pink waterline. In the next picture below, I have applied the Rimmel Scandaleyes Nude Eyeliner

Taking this one step already makes such a difference! The lighting is a bit off throughout these photos, but hopefully you get an idea of how just a few steps can wake up your look!

Mini Review: This nude liner is the perfect shade for brightening your waterline, without looking like you tried really hard. It has the best creamy consistency and glides on with no problems, sort of setting itself in less than a minute so it doesn't come off. I would say it lasts 6 hours or so before needing to be touched up, although most of the time I don't worry about that! Price: Less than $5 at most drugstores.

The next product I use is the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Brightening Concealer. This stuff will pretty much wow you if you ever decide to try it!

Review: The color I use is "Neutral Medium". This product has a pretty thick consistency; when I say that, I don't mean it feels cakey on your skin (although if you use too much, that very well could happen) but it almost has a thick whipped texture to it. When applied, it is noticeable how pigmented it is, which is why you need to use so little. It is long wearing, which will be awesome when I have to work 12 hour shifts at the hospital (I start today!) I don't have a dry undereye area, but I do find this concealer to feel a bit moisturizing, so I am sure those who look for that in a concealer would appreciate that characteristic of this product! I haven't had any issues with it irritating my skin or causing breakouts, which is always a plus. Speaking of breakouts, sometimes I use this for just that; I think it does a really nice job of getting rid of the redness and concealing the pimple or redness. I always set my under eye area (or any are on my face for that matter) with a setting powder. I think that this is a foolproof way to add extra wear time to almost any makeup. Price: $24.

My application technique.
So much brighter! Concealer will always be one of my favorite beauty products-ever!

Review: The last product that really opens and brightens the eyes in the morning is mascara. Trust me, you can see a huge difference just by swiping on one coat of your favorite mascara. My current (and maybe all-time?) favorite mascara is the Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara. I'm not going to lie-I didn't love it at first. It was quite "wet" in consistency, which made me think it wouldn't do anything for my lashes. Because of this, I left the cap partially unscrewed one day during classes, which made it dry out a bit, thickening up. Now I am 150% in love with it! It doesn't clump up or  flake, but it does add length and volume. Trust me when I say I used to be the girl with 6+ mascaras on rotation, using a different one each day. I only reach for this one now. Price: One of the best parts about this is that I believe it performs like a high-end product, yet it is less than $10 at most drugstores.
One coat...I don't like to layer on mascara!
Awesome length from the mascara! :)
I hope this post is helpful in some way to someone out there! It is amazing how certain products can awaken your whole face! 

Since this post just needed a few more photos...haha.

What are your tips for brightening up your eyes in the morning?
Thanks for reading!
XO, Kelsey


**The IT cosmetics concealer was sent to me for free for consideration of review. I am in no way influenced by a company when I am sent a product; all opinions are my own and formed after using a product for longer than a few weeks!