Natural, Organic, and Cruelty-Free // Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques Review
A little about the companyAccording to their website, Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques uses natural and organic plant oils and extracts, soothing flower essences, plus beautiful minerals and pigments from the earth. In their products, there are no parabens, chemicals, or unnecessary fillers.
creme foundation as well as a pressed eyeshadow duo. I originally received 9 foundation samples (for finding my shade), but because I found a great match for my skin, I traveled with it...and lost it. So unfortunately I can not share that shade swatch with you!
- Shade selection: 8/10; There are 21 shades to choose from, including cool, neutral and warm options. I did find that many shades would work with my skin tone. Kind of odd, but I almost feel like the shade can adapt if it is semi-close to your natural tone. I used shade "warm no. 3" when not self tanning; I would say my natural skin tone is about light-medium with slightly golden undertones. When self tanning, shade "warm no. 4" worked well for me.
[top picture with flash// bottom picture in natural light]
- Application: 7/10; The product itself has a mousse like texture. It almost feels whipped! I was kind of nervous that the foundation would make my oily skin even more oily because it is a creme. Totally wrong about that assumption, but we will get to that later! I put a few dots of this around my face and used a buffing brush to buff the product into my skin. It spreads pretty easily, although I imagine it may be a bit harder to buff out if you did not moisturize prior to application.
- Coverage: 9/10; holy smokes! This stuff is magic. I would say it is easily medium to full coverage. I never tried to build up extra coverage, because the coverage was already enough for me. While the coverage is amazing, it doesn't feel heavy at all, which is a major plus. The finish is pretty matte I would say, maybe semi-matte before setting the foundation.
- Wear time: 9/10; This foundation has become one that I rely on for long work days, or a night out. I have had such a hard time finding a natural foundation that would wear well and look good, so I am happy to have tried this! I would say the creme foundation wears for about 6.5 hours before needing blotting with powder, but the coverage still looks great. Around 8 hours of wear I start to see spots wear the foundation is wearing away. (I do wear a moisturizer, primer, and setting powder with this foundation as well).
- Overall product: 8.5/9; The creme foundation is definitely one of my go-to's for everyday wear, as well as special occasion wear. I love that it does work with my oily skin, not drying it out or making me more oily. I can't say where I would look for any improvements on the foundation-if anything, I just can't decide what actual shade I am, because a few shades can work for me, but that is not a bad thing! Buffing the product in is not 100% easy-but I imagine it is because the product is natural, not filled with all the "bad things". One point I want to hit on is that this does not break me out. Some natural brands have caused breakouts, but this one has not caused any sort of reaction or breakouts! I highly, highly recommend this foundation-I feel it may be hard to beat! I would however love any recommendations for other foundations you may have!
Pressed Eyeshadow Duo
I received the duo in the shade "Toffee/Sandalwood". I was curious how a natural pressed eyeshadow would work out, since I had only tried loose natural shadows in the past. I honestly kind of doubted the pigmentation and wear time because it is a natural product, but I was wrong.
[Pressed eyeshadow duo in shade "Toffee/Sandalwood"]
- Shade selection: 9/10; There are 12 different pre-made duos to choose from, or you can customize you own duo. I this the latter option would be really fun and an easy way to build a collection you know you will get use out of.
- Application: 9/10; I apply this with a standard eyeshadow brush. It applies just as any other eyeshadow would, so there is not much to say when it comes to this!
- Pigmentation/Fall out: 8/10; I think this product is comparable to any high end eyeshadow. It is just as pigmented as my Naked Palette shadows. I don't notice fall out immediately, but I did notice that my shadow slightly smudged as the day wore on.
- Wear time: 8/10:This shadow duo wears about 6 hours before I notice any smudging or fallout under the eyes. I have been working a ton since trying out this product, and I get reallllly hot and sweaty (running up and down stairs as a waitress, until I pass my state boards!) so I haven't had a neutral day to test the shadow when I am not sweating, so I would say the duo works pretty well!
- Overall product: 8.5/10; Love the duo colors, love how it applies, and love how wearable it is! Such a gorgeous set of colors for a neutral loving girl like me!
[Wearing the duo on a light makeup day-applied with a light hand!]
Also...I am looking for an all natural primer and bronzer. Any recommendations would be super appreciated! Please leave your favorites in the comments below!
Thanks for reading,
Connect with me on twitter here // connect with me on instagram here// pinterest here //
**The Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques products were sent to me free of charge; I was not paid nor guided to say anything about these products. All opinions shared are my own.