Life Currently // What I Wore // New Faves

Hello? Anyone still out there, checking in on this blog? Hopefully! I can finally say I am motivated to get back into blogging. You know you don't want to read posts from someone that feels like they are just dragging their feet and being forced to write a post just for the sake of having something out there - just posting to keep the blog alive. No thanks! That is one of the reasons I do like blogging.

Regardless of if I have a major following or not, I can always turn to this space on the interwebz to write my thoughts, likes and dislikes, and questionable fashion choices. This little blog has existed for about 4 years, and hasn't disappeared if I chose not to post for a bit. I like that. Here I am - first post of 2016 and hopefully not the last. So, here it goes. 
This past October, I started my career after graduating in May as an RN (got my BSN, yay!) I work as a pediatric nurse, so that in itself is pretty crazy. I work, sleep, meal prep, and workout. Oh, and try to have a social life. I would say I'm slowly starting to find balance in this new chapter as an adult, hence the time to do a blog post!  Overall, I love working as an RN, especially with the little babies. They are the best... even when they decide to have a major fit when you need to go tend to the next little one. Patience is key, for real. 

Beyond the whole career thing, I've been trying to make time for friends, family, and my boyfran, which is another balancing act in itself! I've also been trying to minimize the "stuff" in my life. Going through clothes, makeup, skin care, etc, and trying to get rid of/donate what I do not need/want. Having too much "stuff" really has started to stress me out. Basically, I want to Spring clean my life. Does that make sense? On top of all that, I am still really working  on throwing out and replacing "toxic" beauty and skincare products and choosing more natural and non-toxic brands. This is one task that is super hard and can be expensive if not done slowly. Trust me (from experience, hah). 

Anyway, here is a random outfit I forgot to post on here-I really miss doing frequent OOTD posts! Also, sharing some new products/products I am loving as of late... feel free to make beauty/skincare/makeup suggestions for organic/natural/non-toxic products!

 Outfit details-  Scarf: Rose & Remington (local boutique) // Shirt: Target (similar)/(similar) // Jeans: Old Navy // Booties: Jessica Simpson Brand (from TJMaxx) (similar) //

*Side note: This Arawak Face Powder has absolutely blown me away. I think I have found a product to replace my Mac Blot Powder, which I never thought would happen, especially with a natural product! I do plan on doing a full review on this!

More favorites, with mini reviews! 
Clockwise: The Body Shop Limited Edition Hand Protector (a percentage of each purchase from this moisturizer will be donated to protect and enrich the planet, the oceans or animals and people-you can choose when you buy!) // Pacifica Kale Detox Deep Cleansing Face Wash (in love!) // Pacifica Jasmine Iris Oil-Control Primer (I will do a full length review on this-still testing this one out!) // Alba Botanica Acne Dote Invisible Treatment Gel (works like a charm!) // Nature's Gate Sunless Tanner (this deserves a review to itself as well; easily one of the best self-tanners I have ever used!) // Ilia Beauty Tinted Lip Conditioner, shade "Blossom Lady" (I now use this every day-it's amazing!) // Nugg Beauty Intense Lip Boosting Mask (all natural, completely vegan...definitely increases moisture and makes your lips seem more plump; I also adore their face masks) // W3ll People Bio Extreme Lipgloss , shade "Nude Rose" (I wouldn't say this is super plumping, but it does a great job of hydrating your lips and has a gorgeous color selection) // 

That my friends, is all for now. Sorry for the longest, chattiest, multi-directional post ever. Please share recommendations for health and wellness books, organic and natural makeup/skincare, and general comments below! 

Thanks for reading!
XO, Kelsey

Connect with me: twitter here // instagram here// pinterest here // 

**Depicts a product sent to me free of charge. No opinions or reviews were expected in return. These are my general opinions on these two products that I am happy to share within my blog.