My Favorite: Foundation!

Monday, April 30, 2012


Recently, I bought a new foundation. I decided to stop trying to find a good liquid foundation, because none of them seemed to work with my oily skin, even the ones for oily skin! I did my research, and it literally was days of deciding, reading reviews, etc. but I finally decided on one. The one I chose was Laura Mercier Wet/Dry Powder Foundation. OH.MY.GOSH. Seriously best makeup decision ever haha! I love this. It is long wearing, keeps my face looking matte (but I don’t feel like I look just flat and boring) and super versatile. It is medium/full coverage when using the sponge wet, and light/medium when using a dry puff or brush for application. I cannot say enough good things about it. The color is also perfect for me, even though I ordered it online.  Here is what it looks like on my skin, without editing the picture:

And here is another:

I think this would be great for girls with combination to oily skin types. For drier skin, I think it could still work if using a moisturizing primer first.  I do not have much to cover (luckily) besides some redness, and occasional pimple. I basically use it for giving a "flawless" complexion on the days I don't want to be 'au naturale', and for oil control. SERIOUSLY IT'S PERFECT. I think I found my favorite foundation. The packaging pictures are in a previous post, but here is a picture from Sephora:
This puff comes in the box that the product comes in; I keep it in the cardboard box and rarely use it. If you can see the bottom part of this picture shows another compartment. This holds a sponge. The bottom compartment has holes in it so the compact isn't retaining as much moisture as it would in a fully enclosed compact.

If this looks like something you want to try, then I FULLY recommend it. It's a bit pricey, and will set you back about $40. However, I think it is really worth it!


Have you tried this product? What is your favorite foundation?


xoxo


11 comments :

  1. Your skin looks beautiful! Ugh, now I want that foundation. Thanks for the review, Kelsey. :)


    http://xmyoasis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really do recommend it, and it was definitely worth the price!

      Delete
  2. looks great on you! i love her translucent powder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried any of here other products, but since I like this one so much, I have been thinking of trying others. What is your skin type, and how does her translucent powder work with it?

      Delete
  3. I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Check out my blog for details...
    http://happilyeverandom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also tagged you in my Get to Know Me tag post a few weeks ago, but forgot to let you know :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much : ) I already left you a comment on your blog as well, I just don't like not replying to all my comments too!

      Delete
  4. your skin looks amazing, i love Laura mercier products will have to try this

    Over on my blog I am having a MAC lipstick and eye shadow give away, you could win a Mac lippy and shadow in the colour of your choice :o)

    http://lolainthelounge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/mac-lipstick-eyeshadow-give-away.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! & thanks for letting me know, I entered!

      Delete
  5. love this! your skin looks flawless! your a beautiful girl! :)
    followed you <3 check me out!
    http://makeupyourworldd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Heading to your blog now! Thanks for reading : )

      Delete

The time you take to leave me a comment really means a lot and makes my day, don't be shy!

**Also, I want to be able to reply to what you say! This means you need to have your email linked to your account. If you need help doing this, 1) go to your blogger dashboard, 2) click on "edit profile" and go to where is says "show my email address". After this, 3) scroll back up and click "save profile".

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground