The LATE 4th of July Post

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Juuuuuust say it and get it over with... I'm a slacker, terrible blog keeper, and I always take forever to do a new post. Okay. Feel better? Good! In my defense, I have been working six days a week, so if I just may excuse myself a bit...    My fourth was pretty good! I worked during the day, then at night my boyfriend and I went to go see fireworks. It looked like it was going to storm, but we were told a few times the storm would miss us. Well. It sure didn't. We got to his car from the little festival, and we were at just in time, then it started to downpour, and lightening like CRAZY! They still decided to let the fireworks off, but I'm not kidding when I say more people were watching behind them (at the storm) then in front of them where the fireworks were going off. I was seriously wondering if I would be dealing with a tornado, cars all packed up and lined together and all. Luckily it didn't, but we did watch the fireworks inside his car!

In the bottom right picture you can tell we were in the car : )

My messy nails, and the pretty sky before it got dark & stormy!

 My two favorite people... my boy, and my niece! Luckily, I got a picture of them together at fireworks (my niece seriously loves him, she jumped right into his arms when she saw him! ) <3

What I wore: White shorts from JcPenney, sandals that I wear the heck out of from Walmart, and sparkly top from Love Culture. Necklace from Forever 21. Since I did my nails red, white & blue, i wanted to keep my outfit more neutral.

That is about it for my fourth! I have read so many other posts from others about what they did, so hopefully, it's not too terrible that I am posting so late! 

p.s-I always get this overwhelming feeling of happiness for our country on the fourth, the fireworks make me want to cry. Is that normal? Anyone else like this?
xo

28 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I am not going to lie, I kept making a "my shirt is a firework" joke the whole night... haha I am so lame!

      Delete
  2. Just stumbled across your blog and I am OBSESSED with that tank! Soo freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that tank... somehow I can't find it now, after I wore it! I'm like "what the hell, how far could you have gone if I just wore you!".

      xo

      Delete
  3. Cute outfit! I just moved to a new blog please check it out and if you like it, please follow me on Google Friend Connect and Bloglovin, I promise to do the same for you! xx
www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely follow your blog girly! I just checked it out and I am loving it : )

      Delete
  4. This looks like an awesome fourth! Cute outfit & nails! Love them! Have a great weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty nice, storm and all! Thanks for the compliments girl, so glad you commented! I hope you have a great weekend too!

      xo

      Delete
  5. Love your tank!! Your nails were so perfect for the fourth! Your blog is so cute =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I tried really hard on those nails, they were a bit messy but I stopped trying at about 1 a.m... hard work I tell ya! haha. xox

      Delete
  6. love your nail.. nice! let's follow each other!

    http://preciouslovestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute photos:)

    http://mollymers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am glad you think that : )

      xo

      Delete
  8. Love your 4th of July mani :)

    katiesbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. that sequin top looks fantastic! love your hair!

    do you want to follow each other (on bloglovin' and gfc)? let me know!
    see you around!

    www.apossiblefantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't find where to follow you on GFC! Am I missing it somewhere on your page?!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I am glad everyone likes them! For as messy as they are, and my inexperience with painting my nails in a decorative way, I am enjoying all the nice compliments!

      Delete
  11. Love those nails! I wish I could paint my nails like that! & obsessed with that top!! Love your blog.New Follower for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you followed! I bet you could paint your nails like this, If I can, anyone can!

      Delete
  12. love your gold top!

    <3 Kelly
    SavvySelections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch : ) It is one of my favorite tops!

      Delete
  13. Love the nails! Perfect way to celebrate the day.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like the nails (I almost didn't want to post the picture because they were soo messy!)

      Delete
  14. Your nails & outfit looked adorable! Hope you had a wonderful 4th! Much love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a pretty decent fourth : ) I hope you keep adding pictures of your gorgeous baby on your blog, sooo cute!

      Delete

The time you take to leave me a comment really means a lot and makes my day, don't be shy!

**Also, I want to be able to reply to what you say! This means you need to have your email linked to your account. If you need help doing this, 1) go to your blogger dashboard, 2) click on "edit profile" and go to where is says "show my email address". After this, 3) scroll back up and click "save profile".

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground