Remembrance & an Update (Heatless Hairstyle?)

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Today is a day everyone should always remember, and take the time to think of those that lost their lives, or families that lost loved ones. In one of my classes today, we had a moment of silence. I can't help but always tear up, or even cry, when 9/11 is mentioned. I don't want to get too somber or be a downer, so I won't stay on this subject too long, but I really reflect on everything that happened that day, and what has happened since-and I hope everyone else does too, even for the simple act of realizing life is beautiful, and you do not know how much time you have, so make every day count.

On a much lighter note, I just wanted to quickly post what I have been up to. I know it may get boring reading over and over that all I do is homework and reading for classes, but really, that is what my life consists of, even on the weekends. I thought maybe, just maybe, this year of college would be a little easier-nope! 140 some pages to read for one class, in one night, when you have 3 other chapters for other classes to read, is not easy. I try my best to post as often as possible, and I know no one is expecting me to post all the time! I just miss it honestly! I love posting and hearing from followers, as well as getting new followers to talk to! Speaking of talking to you... I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in how I did this look:
No hairspray, mouse, straighteners, curling irons, or any heat products were used to do this!
Interested?
How about now? This was after two full days of wearing my hair this way. No touch-ups, still no hairspray, and still no heat tools! I had also brushed through the curls with a wide-toothed comb (I was about to shower). My hair is naturally straight, so there is a technique I would like to tell you all about!
If anyone would like to see how I did this, email, tweet, or comment me and I will do a post if requested!
XO, Kelsey


13 comments :

  1. Great post, I'll have to try that technique out soon! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster award so make sure to check out my blog to find out what that entails! I hope you'll be able to participate! -xoxo-

    deevine1217.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for nominating me! That is awesome! I was already nominated, do you think I should re-do the post again? It is fun to do it! I will be posting about how I got these curls within the next few days : )

      Delete
  2. oh wow i just love your blog!! So cute!!! I need to try that out on my hair! Thanks for the advice!! You are sooo cute! Cannot wait to read more posts! Now following!

    xo
    http://elisemn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so excited you followed, I went over to your blog, and of course followed! Love it so far : ) Within the next few days I should have a post explaining how I got these curls! (I have naturally straight hair : ) )

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks gorgeous!

    I'd love if you visited my blog at Missingsparkles.com. It would be fun to follow each other, don't you think? ;)

    xoxo, Minna

    Blogger
    Bloglovin
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelsey!

    Your hair looks gorgeous in this post!! I love this look. Thank you so much for visiting my blog earlier, I really appreciate it! I'm following you now and look forward to reading more :)

    Lauren @ www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! All I used was a headband to get the curls (and my hair is basically stick straight!) I am glad you followed back : )

      Delete
  5. I love your hair! I cannot get my hair to last long with curls. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mine never stays either! I seriously need to post about how I got these curls with my naturally straight hair! All it took was a headband :)

      Delete
  6. I don't think you ever posted how. :( Please post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I replied to you by email but I am not sure if you got it! I will try to get a post up asap!

      Delete
    2. I never got it... but if you could post, that would be so great! :) My hair NEVER holds curl.

      Delete

The time you take to leave me a comment really means a lot and makes my day, don't be shy!

**Also, I want to be able to reply to what you say! This means you need to have your email linked to your account. If you need help doing this, 1) go to your blogger dashboard, 2) click on "edit profile" and go to where is says "show my email address". After this, 3) scroll back up and click "save profile".

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground