Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation Review!
Hey there! So I have been using the Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation for about three weeks now... if any of you are Youtube lovers like I am, then you probably have saw many "beauty gurus" rave about this foundation!
For the longest time, I didn't think I would buy it-I mean I have what seems like a million and one foundations, so why buy another? That thought didn't stick though, because I ended up buying it! What the product promises/states:
"Finally, truly decadent makeup offers ultimate performance. The mousse-like texture feels like silk on your skin. And, the time release formula balances skin for a flawless look. All day flexible wear without flaking, caking or feeling heavy."
Shade wise, I am honestly not sure how many the line carries, especially because it seems Target carries less shades than Walmart, so I can't comment on their range of shades. I found a pretty close color match (to my almost normal skin tone, no self tanner), but since I do use self tanner, and picked a shade a bit too light for that, I use some bronzer with this. Also, I have pretty oily skin. With that being said, let's break it doooooown!
- Your face will look flawless-even when using a light hand, I felt that this really helped to make your face look airbrushed. I am not saying if you have acne or scars that it will completely make them go away, but the finish it leaves just helps to diffuse imperfections and make them less noticeable!
- It does a nice job at keeping oil away. I would say on my busy days, running around from lecture to lecture (for nursing) and doing whatever is on my agenda for that day, it keeps oil away for about 5 hours. For my skin, that is amazing! On my less busy days, I have gone probably 8-9 hours without blotting the oil (and I could probably go longer, if I wasn't washing my makeup off after that many hours!)
- It looks better as the day goes on! Did I just say that? YES! It melts into your skin and within hours it looks even better than when you first applied it. Don't believe me? Look up all the YouTube reviews for it, I believe many girls will be saying the same! [Photo proof above-a few minutes after application]
[6.5 hours after applying it, no touch ups-I love the way it melts into your skin and just seems more natural, while NOT being oily].
- It doesn't feel heavy on your skin. It's texture is really unlike any other liquid/cream/mousse foundation I have ever used, and you would think that it would feel like a mask, but it feels pretty light!
- I actually prefer it over most of my high-end foundations (shocker!)
- It photographs very well, because it has no SPF in it (SPF causes a white cast in photos when flash is used)
Trusty Iphone picture-no flash.
Real camera, with flash.
- Last pro is that it does seem to last all day. Now, I never sleep in my makeup. I don't remember the last time I did, until this past weekend : ( I fell asleep with it on after being out for Halloween parties. It still looked good at 2 the next day, when I finally washes it off. Sound good?
- The price. For drugstore foundation, it is a bit pricey (I have seen it between $11 and $15 in different places)...but, I still think it is worth it!
- The packaging-it looks really nice, and it is pretty sturdy, but if you were someone who wanted to take it with you to touch up with, it will be a little hefty in that already PACKED purse ladies : )
- No SPF. This personally does not bother me, because I would be fine with using a moisturizer with SPF in it underneath it, if I really wanted it. But to some, this is something they look for in foundations.
- It can be a bit difficult to apply. I think it applies best with your fingertips, or a densely packed kabuki brush of some sort. I don't really recommend sponges with it, unless you plan on slightly wetting it first!
That is allllll I have to say about this! I know this post was entirely too long, and I hope you stuck around 'til the end, but I had a lot to say about it! What do you think? Will you (or did you) purchase this foundation?