A Great Weekend-food, wedding dresses, and squid?

Hey everyone! I had such a good weekend visiting my hometown and family and figured I could share my excitement with you! First off, I went to the hair salon and got my hair fixed (fo' free) because a few weeks ago I had some caramel highlights added, but at my roots they turned a crazy bright blonde! So we toned that beast down. I really love it..it's subtle but noticeable enough for me!

 
Sorry for the terrible pictures haha


















The super exciting part of my weekend was that I went dress shopping for my sisters wedding (I am the maid of honor)! She found a dress! I am so happy for her, and the dress is beautiful! She had one of those "when you know, you know" moments, and you could just tell how happy she was to have found it! The bridesmaids and myself also found our dresses, which are plum colored, one shoulder dresses (adorable!) 

what they put on every brides dressing room door :)

 After finding dresses, we went to eat at Buca di Beppo and I ate more than enough for a small family..yet I couldn't stop because it was delicious! I want to go back so bad right now! (show picture of food). I also tried calamari, which is crazy considering I don't eat any seafood at all, and I won't eat mushrooms. I guess squid is less disgusting to me than mushrooms? (What is wrong with me?! haha) To be honest it was actually good. I didn't eat the baby ones, which are whole and look like fried tarantulas (eeeewwww), but I did try the the ring shaped pieces. TMI for some people? Maybe. But coming from me, who hates seafood, I would do it again. Did I mention that the serving sizes are huge? The pasta I got was a small, which is meant to be shared between two people...Pretty sure it could of fed 4! 

 Take me back for thisssss.

 Huge brownie/ice cream/obesity in a glass dessert. We shared this, clearly!
We also went to the mall so that my sister could get a free engraved key chain with her future last name on it, from Things Remembered. She was so excited! It makes me want to have that special someone who thinks I am worth being with forever...[sappy sad thoughts for a few seconds] but whatever! I am so happy she chose me to be her MOH...and trusting that I could do it even though I am away at college! After all the fun stuff Friday and Saturday, on Sunday I drove to my dads to visit him, my little brother, and stepmomma. Then I had to drive back to college-wahhhh. End of my weekend :)



Thanks for reading!

xo, Kelsey

Comments

  1. I love Bucca Di Beppo! The family style dishes are awesome because I get to try a lot of different plates. But sometimes I have to wait until every one is full and willing to share :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharing is caring :) haha. I shared with my mom, and it was sooo good!

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks so pretty!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to get better pictures of it up! My most recent outfit posts made the color look a bit different, since the pictures were taken inside!

      Delete
  3. Your hair is GORGEOUS! And yay for her finding THE dress! Yours sound so pretty! FOund you thru Sami's! Excited to follow your cute self!

    Kristine from The Foley Fam {unedited} Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am glad you found me! She was so excited when she found her dress :) Now I just can't wait to see her wear it down the aisle! Thanks for following!

      Delete
  4. Your hair is goooorgeous!

    Congrats to your sis on finding THE dress, must have been suuuper special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! It was super special, I am pretty sure she is super happy now! P.s-I hope your foot gets better soon :(

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! that food looks delish!!! NUM NUM NUM!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really great! I never mentioned that I didn't do any homework/studying the whole weekend (nursing student), so my weekend was pretty much amazing!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I love Buca also! Yummy!

      Delete
  7. I'm loving that hair color on you girl! And calamari is my fave! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madison! I am still deciding on if I like calamari! It was good, but then when I think about what it is I tell myself not to like it haha. Decisions!

      Delete
  8. Ah I love that place!! I've only been once and can't wait to go again!! Your hair looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go again soon! Thanks for the compliment :)

      Delete
  9. Ive never been to Buca di Beppo, but I heard its tasty! I absolutely love Calamari. Glad you tried it!

    New follower!! bourgiechronicles.blogspot.com

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a must! If you ever get a chance, be sure to go! Thanks for following, I just checked out your blog and you are gorgeous!

      Delete
  10. Your hair is SO pretty!! Tutorial??

    XO FRESHFIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Of course, I have actually been planning on doing a few different tutorials :) Check back within the next two weeks for one! (I would have it sooner, but I have a couple other posts planned already!)

      Delete

Post a Comment

The time you take to leave me a comment really means a lot and makes my day, don't be shy!

**Also, I want to be able to reply to what you say! This means you need to have your email linked to your account. If you need help doing this, 1) go to your blogger dashboard, 2) click on "edit profile" and go to where is says "show my email address". After this, 3) scroll back up and click "save profile".