Simple Spring Makeup Look


 I have wanted to do an everyday makeup post for awhile now, and have one of those in my drafts, but, I decided to do this one first! It is super simple, and very wearable. For some, it may even be an everyday look; I would occasionally wear this to class or just casually through the week, but I do like a little less foundation for everyday wear, which is where my everyday makeup look will come into play! My favorite part of this is really the blush. I wish you could see it in person you guys! Enough with the talking, on to the pictures!


1. Bare faced (scary!). Here is were I applied my face primer, which is The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser.
2. Application of foundation, which is Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation. It does contain SPF in it, which can look ashy or cause a white cast when using flash photography.
3. Quick shot of all the products I am using!

4. Here I applied the white shimmery color in the Maybelline Quad in "Give Me Gold" all over my lid, up to the crease.
5. Next, I applied (lightly) the yellow-gold shade on top of the lighter shade. I chose to only use my fingers for this look, to make it very simple! I then applied the gold shade to the outer corner of my eyelid, creating a bit of a sideways "V" shape, to add depth.

*Numbering fail! I did these steps before my eyeshadow, but I didn't catch the mistake until now!
6. Application of concealer. For this, I used a mixture of Maybelline Age Instant Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer in "Light", and Maybelline SuperStay 24 Hour Concealer in "Light".
7. Bronzer time! I applied the Wet n' Wild Color Icon Bronzer in "Princess" to the hollows of my cheeks, as well as my temples.
8. My favorite part! For my blush, I used Maybelline Color Goes Electric Limited Edition Blush in "Wild Blossom". It is so pretty! Since it was limited edition, I am having a really hard time finding a link for you all!


 *Fail #2. I messed this whole ordering of numbers up! I applied the eyeliner & mascara right after my blush, then did my eyeshadow. Sorry guys!
9. Time for mascara! I curled my lashes first, and then I used one coat of Covergirl Lash Perfection Mascara in "Very Black". 
10. I used the darkest brown shade from the same quad I used earlier as an eyeliner, using an eyeliner brush.

Finished look! The eye look is barely noticeable, but just enough to create a bit of light for your face! I really wish I had paired a bright lip with this, but that is for another post :) 

Quick view of my brushes I used! If you are interested in more information about the brushes, just ask and I will let you know! I hope you enjoyed this post!

Thanks for reading,
XO, Kelsey

I hope this was hopeful! This is my first "picture tutorial" post, and I hope it is okay in format! I would love to eventually do some videos, but I am not sure how well that would go over!?

Comments

  1. Oooh this is super cute! I just did my very first vlog and it was a lot of fun to make- definitely go for making a vlog yourself!

    xoxo Miss ALK

    http://missalk1994.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! I must go check yours out! If it is on your blog then I am definitely going to watch! I just might make one for myself :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. oh so pretty!! i love that all the products are affordable!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly did notice all the products were drugstore brand (except for the primer) until you said something! I have both high end and drugstore in my collection, so it's always a mixture in what I use :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Ok seriously your face is flawless! What face wash/moisturizer do you use?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girrrrrl no way! But thanks anyways :) I have been using Cetaphil DERMACONTROL
      Oil Control Foam Wash (in love) and St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer. I recommend them both!

      Delete
  4. How cute!
    Just dropping in doing a little Bloglovin' reading:) Hope you have a great day!
    Nicky
    www.feelingtheemptynest.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So crazy bc I was watching the real housewives of Orange County last night and Gretchen had this eye makeup on, and I kept looking at her eyes like "how cute is that?!" Thanks for the tutorial! It looks amazing on you!
    Found you on the linkup. New follower!
    Adrienne
    Http://myblackwhitecolor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is weird! Hopefully it was helpful, even though it isn't too crazy, it at least gives an idea of a few colors that look good together! I am so glad you followed :)

      Delete
  6. Pretty!! Love how subtle and feminine it is. Great look on you.

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It definitely is subtle, I almost didn't post it because I thought people might think I am crazy for thinking it counts as a tutorial! haha.

      Delete
  7. love this tutorial! i'm absolutely awful at doing my makeup

    xo brie
    www.sophsitifunkblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope that somehow, this was helpful to some!

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous, girl! You did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! Now if only I had the bronze, tanned skin like you..then this look would really pop!

      Delete
  9. pretty!

    xx
    http://thepocketbookblogg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous especially for Spring && Summer!Xo

    Cat
    MaybeBabyXo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Since this foundation has SPF in it, it is also a little helpful in blocking some sun if you are outside all day, which is great for summer! Usuing a wet sponge to apply the foundation it could definitely sheer it out and make it great for a day on the beach or something!

      Delete
  11. Your so gorgeous! Love this look it's not to over done and very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, it isn't overdone at all, but I wasn't sure it was enough to even catch anyone's attention!

      Delete
  12. Verrry cute! I love the look. I'm obsessed with my blush too! It's a limited edition Victoria's Secret and I'm going to be so sad trying to find a replacement! Luckily blush seems to last forever :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blush does last forever! I have far too many blushes, and I can't remember the last time I went through a whole blush. I really need to stop buying them!

      Delete
  13. Cutee! Love the look! I am really starting to like blushers more at the moment, so I may try this one!

    Love Abi xxx

    velvetpassion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love blush so much! If I am not buying blush, I am buying foundation!

      Delete
  14. Hi! Great post!!.....linking up from the bloglovin hop. Am a new follower and hope you can follow back:
    www.prettylittledahlia.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your skin looks flawless! So pretty & natural :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, well that's all foundation :) No flawless around here haha! But thank you!

      Delete
  16. You look so pretty and natural at the same time!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

The time you take to leave me a comment really means a lot and makes my day, don't be shy!

**Also, I want to be able to reply to what you say! This means you need to have your email linked to your account. If you need help doing this, 1) go to your blogger dashboard, 2) click on "edit profile" and go to where is says "show my email address". After this, 3) scroll back up and click "save profile".