Lets Talk About Stripes, Baby! [outfit]

Sunday, September 1, 2013

A little birdie told me that fall is just around the corner. Am I ready? Duh! That is like asking me if I love chocolate! I will miss being able to just lay in the sun with a book, but lets be real, I only did that once or twice anyways. I am all about boots, layers, and scarves, so I am pretty excited for fall to roll around. With all that being said, I would say this is probably one of the last semi-summery outfit posts I will be doing! I am pretty sure that this post includes two items I will be wearing completely out this fall-the striped top and my new Sperry's. I never thought I would be a Sperry girl, but a few weeks ago I went to the mall with a friend, and I spotted these bad boys. I thought, "I will just try them on, it's not like I have ever even gave them a chance..." well less than 5 minutes later I was making the purchase. I don't get it. I didn't even think I liked Sperry's, but then I put them on and my fashion heart melted a little. So that's the explanation behind that purchase. The top was also a new purchase, and had the other top I spotted not been so expensive, I am sure I would be featuring that on here too! I also couldn't decide if I wanted to wear my sandals or my Sperry's with this outfit, and honestly, I like both. This would be a situation where I may walk to class in sandals, finish class, then change shoes for my next class. If you are thinking I am a terrible decision maker, you are so right. Don't hate me for the picture heavy post, again, I just am horrible at choosing!

All about the details.
The switch.
My excitement is actually real...I think I like these shoes!
Top: Jcrew // Shorts: Wallflower (Kohls) // Necklace: Forever 21, old // Earrings: They were a gift! // Sandals: Walmart (similar) // Sperry's: Nordstrom //

What is your opinion? Sperry's or the sandals?

Thanks for stopping by!
XO, Kelsey 

18 comments :

  1. Love the detail on the top. Both shoe choices are cute. Thanks so much for sharing this at "That's My Style" Link Party!!! You made my day. I do hope you'll join in again. I can't wait to see what you have to share this week. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting it! I am sure I will stop by next week!

      Delete
  2. I am totally LOVING the Sperry's :D Wouldn't say that I'm a big fan of them by themselves - but you've paired the shoes & the outfit perfectly!

    Amanda @ www.niesciorsnotes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't think I would ever like them, let alone buy them...but now I adore them!

      Delete
  3. So cute! I love the little buttons on the shoulders!

    mywaytofitandfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of my favorite things with this outfit! I really was excited to get a close up of the buttons! haha.

      Delete
  4. Love this outfit, it's so simple yet so chic!
    PS: I nominated you for a little blog award, check out my blog for details :)

    Sprinkles&Sequins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks so much! I will have to answer those questions on here soon!

      Delete
  5. cute cuuute love me some stripes :)

    ps thanks for commenting! school sucks but a cute comfy outfit always makes it better haha

    <3

    -marsa
    The DayLee Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I love your blog-I just don't always get around to commenting!

      Delete
  6. So cute! I love stripes. My friends tease me because I wear them so often!
    The Grass Skirt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing wrong with stripes! Some of my favorite tops are striped ones! :)

      Delete
  7. love your outfitttt :)

    follow me at :
    http://olichkakiev.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will check out your blog, thanks for leaving a link!

      Delete
  8. Cutest outfit!

    Thank you for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! So glad you host it each week!

      Delete
  9. Seriously, that top is so cute! PERFECT choice with your white shorts. I can't decide if I like Sperrys or not. Maybe I just haven't found my perfect pair yet but I hear they are insanely comfy!

    Stopping by to say hello! I won the 7 months of free ad space from the big giveaway!

    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually love the Sperry's! They tie in well with the nautical details of your top.

    I got addicted to Sperry's in high school. We had a uniform and had to wear solid brown or black laced up shoes. Sure enough, one of the boys found a way around it and wore Sperry's. And then we were all in Sperry's. I couldn't live without them now, especially on rainy days!

    ♥Emma, from It's Emma Elise

    ReplyDelete

The time you take to leave me a comment really means a lot and makes my day, don't be shy!

**Also, I want to be able to reply to what you say! This means you need to have your email linked to your account. If you need help doing this, 1) go to your blogger dashboard, 2) click on "edit profile" and go to where is says "show my email address". After this, 3) scroll back up and click "save profile".

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground