Makeup Talk: Mac Sheertone Blush in "Breezy" Review

MAC [powder] blushes are amazing. I am just going to say it-put it out there now and let you know that I adore them! Granted, I haven't used a blush from each  type of finish they have (frost, matte, satin, sheertone, and sheertone shimmer) but I have tried my fair share. I also have not tried their cream blushes, but that's a different story. I wanted to do a fairly quick review on a specific blush I have been using nonstop for the past 4.5+ months; as soon as fall hit I gave myself the green light to add it into my makeup routine!


 The shade I want to talk about is "Breezy", which like the title of this post says, is a sheertone finish. Since it is berry toned I feel it will best suit my skin in the fall and winter months, which explains why it has only been absent from my cheeks only a handful of times!

Application: As it is a sheertone blush, you can lightly layer it to get the look you want-but don't let the word sheer fool you...it is pretty pigmented! It goes on smoothly to my skin, and with the light hand I use, gives a really pretty wash of color to my cheeks! The finish on my skin is like a healthy glow, even with my combination/oily skin, I find it to be very flattering.

Top is more of a heavy swatch; bottom is very lightly swatched.

Wear time: I find this to be extremely long-wearing. If I apply it in the morning, it still looks nice by the end of the day. I don't notice it to get splotchy when it does begin to wear off, which would probably be around 10+ hours.

Wearing "Breezy"; applied lightly! Also don't judge me for the Christmas tree behind me, hah. This was taken back in December! 
Pros:
-Long wearing
-Pigmented
-Easily layered
-One compact will last you a LONG time (no joke!)
-Has never broke me out

Cons:
-The price ($21.00 USD). I really find that it is worth that price however. I have had another blush by MAC for 3+ years, and I haven't even hit pan because they are so pigmented (and I rotate my blush use!) It might expire before I can finish it. The struggle.
-You may become obsessed with this shade and then any of your other blushes you thought you liked will be left behind, not used, and they will have a pity party full of jealousy until you start using them again. True story

You can buy this blush HERE

What is your favorite blush at the moment?

Thanks for reading!
XO, Kelsey  

Stay in touch! My links:

Comments

  1. Love the review!

    www.yourchicblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great-I hope it was helpful in some way! xo

      Delete
  2. Every year, almost thousands of hairdressing experts are getting passed out from the accredited hairdresser schools. Hairdresser schools

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using MAC Well Dressed as a blush for years but just bought a new one (can't remember the name! Ack!) so hopefully it will work out. This one looks beautiful on you, as well as your eyes and lips! -Gina
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Dressed is so nice! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I've been thinking I need to switch things up with my blush. I've been using NARS' Orgasm for years like at least 3. Let's just say I get attached to my makeup when I find something that works. Maybe I should try this one. Baby steps:)
    xo Adri
    www.adrilately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried a NARS blush! I know that I really wanted to buy the shade "Douceur" but I never got around to it! I would say give this one a try next time you run out! xo

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I will check out that giveaway and your blog! xo

      Delete
  6. That blush is lovely! I usually use NARS blush in desire!

    xoxo, KP
    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of ladies are mentioning NARS blushes! It must mean I should check them out! xo

      Delete
  7. Right now I'm wearing MAC Peachtwist! But this looks great and I will have to check it out!
    Your lip color looks awesome too!
    morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried Peachtwist on myself but I do think it is a gorgeous blush! On my lips I am wearing Maybelline Colorsensational in the shade "Blissful Berry" :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you! I have pictures for a tutorial in a folder on my laptop but I am not sure if people want to see it since this is more of a fall/winter look and we are coming into spring!

      Delete
  9. I'm pretty new to makeup. My skin is sensitive so I only wear eye makeup and the very occasional lip gloss. I've discovered the beauty of a lip stain which I like because I'm not too big on bold, standout colors. My good friend is obsessed with makeup and everything she gets from MAC is her favorite. Makes me wonder if it's really better than any other brand or if it's just a designer makeup so it's popular. Guess I won't know until I try it!
    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my own opinion, MAC face products like the foundation can be heavy and cause breakouts to those that are acne prone or have sensitive skin. I don't use those! I do however use their blot powder which has never caused me any issues, and neither does their blush! Love their lip products, and the two eye shadows I have by them are pretty awesome! I do love a great lip stain!

      Delete
  10. You are pretty :)

    www.fashionmuffins945.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh making me blush! Such a nice compliment! Thanks for leaving me your blog link!

      Delete
  11. Hello! I just stumbled upon your blog! And wow it is amazing, definitely one which is great for inspiration. I love this post specially the great vivid pictures! I would love for you to check out my blog, which by just scrolling through your page, I know you will love!! Keep up the good work
    http://timelesslook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I will be checking your blog out!

      Delete
  12. I love berry blushes- I have a few in my makeup kit that I find myself using time after time. This color looks lovely on you!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Berry blushes are probably my weakness! I bet that peach or bronze toned blushes look amazing on your skin tone!

      Delete
  13. Love the color of the blush, I have a penchant for pink toned blushes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never go wrong with pink! Especially coming into spring! :)

      Delete
  14. What a beautiful color! Just started following your blog. :)

    - Gina
    Margarita Bloom: Retro Modern Beauty & Skincare
    Blog♡ http://margaritabloom-glamourville.blogspot.com
    - Come check out our very first Lingerie Review!! -
    Facebook♡ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Margarita-Bloom/28087812273?ref=mf
    Twitter♡ https://twitter.com/MargaritaBloom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thanks so much for letting me know! I always love when people leave me their links too, so thanks for that! xo

      Delete
  15. I like your lips color!
    http://femeklick.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in the shade "Blissful Berry" :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

The time you take to leave me a comment really means a lot and makes my day, don't be shy!

**Also, I want to be able to reply to what you say! This means you need to have your email linked to your account. If you need help doing this, 1) go to your blogger dashboard, 2) click on "edit profile" and go to where is says "show my email address". After this, 3) scroll back up and click "save profile".