Vapour Organic Beauty Review

Hey gorgeous! Today I am going to take some time to review a brand that I came across about two months ago-if you are interested in more organic beauty products, this might be right up your alley! According to the Vapour Beauty website, their products are described as being:
"100% natural with 70% certified organic ingredients and 30% minerals and vitamins. There are no toxic chemicals, no parabens, no phalates, no gluten, no animal testing, no nano particles, and no irradiation".

To be honest, I don't know a ton about every single thing these products are made without; however, I know enough that I don't want those things in my products! This has led me to branch out and want to try to use better products in my everyday life. If you have been around this blog for awhile, you know I tried a bunch of mineral makeup products over the past year, nearly all of them being pretty pure in formulation, without any extra fillers or chemicals. I continue to use these products as I move forward in my quest for what I think is best for my skin!

The products I received for consideration of review are the Elixir Plumping Lipgloss, Aura Multi-Use Blush, and the Elixir Lipgloss. I can't seem to find the link for the plain old Elixir Lipgloss, which is why I didn't provide a link! Just as a general piece of info, I have had these products and have been using them for over a month! Now that all that is out of the way, let's get to the individual reviews!

 From top to bottom: Multi-Use Blush, Elixir Plumping Gloss, and Elixir Gloss. Swatches below.

        
Elixir Plumping Gloss:
In the shade "Coax", this product is described as offering "versatile color, dimension, and shine. Hydrating botanicals and organic plumping liposomes lock in maximum moisture for ultra-hydrated voluptuous lips. Never sticky or tacky, Elixir delivers superior body and shine". 

Personally, I love the formulation of this product. It is one of the most moisturizing glosses I have ever used, which might be surprising as it promises to plump! Many name brand plumping glosses I have used actually dry out my lips, which probably is due to the ingredients in them. Compared to plumpers like Too Faced Lip Injection Color Bomb, the Vapour lipgloss doesn't cause a burning or tingly feeling as it plumps. I don't mind the tingly effect...in fact, I kind of like it (does that make me weird?!) Either way, I think the plumping actually comes from all the moisture this gloss packs...I could be totally wrong, but it's almost like it makes the most of what your own lips can achieve from being moisturized! I don't find this to be sticky or tacky, which could be  a downside to some as this usually makes a product last longer. I would say it wears for a good hour before you start seeing the product fade; this includes drinking and eating! I would say the pigmentation is very sheer, at least in the shade I was sent.The taste isn't the best (not like the typical mint or fruit flavor many glosses offer), but for what the gloss does, I don't mind how it tastes.

Elixir Gloss:
In the shade "Sultry", this gloss is very similar to the plumping gloss, although you may not see the same plumping effects with this of course! Unfortunately, I can't find a description of this on the website, and I don't have the original box with me. Taste wise, I find this to have more of a flavor; one I can't exactly describe but it is better than the plumping gloss flavor! This gloss has a bit more of a tacky texture to it, but it isn't sticky...does that make sense? I want to say that maybe it's better explained as just adhering to the lips more effectively! This gloss wears about 2 hours before I really want to touch up. I adore the shade I was sent; it's more pigmented than the plumping gloss and I found it to pair well with many pink-toned lipsticks. I am actually wearing this gloss with a small amount of the plumping gloss in the picture below.

Aura Multi-Use Blush:
In the shade "Spark", this product is described as giving "a natural flush of color. These universally-flattering core colors work on all skin tones and all ages. Give the Vapour glow to cheeks, lips and eyes with one convenient stick. Aura blends like a dream for a polished look in seconds".

I think this is my favorite out of the three items I was sent. It really is very versatile! I have used it on my cheeks and my lips, but I am excited to see how it would work as a cream eyeshadow. I have pretty oily eyelids, so it would be interesting to see the lasting ability. The way I apply this is directly to my cheeks in an upward slanting motion. After this, I buff it out using a stipple brush. I find that doing this makes me look like I have a natural glow, and really makes it foolproof to apply! For lasting power, I would say that this lasts all day on me. I have pretty oily skin, but mostly in my t-zone, so I am not sure how this would work on someone with extremely oily skin everywhere. I do set it with a translucent powder, as I set all of my makeup, so I think with powder the lasting power should be no issue! I haven't had any problems with breakouts from this product. On my lips, it seems to be pretty moisturizing, although lasting only as long as a chapstick probably would.
Application technique! You can also see the shade on my lips in this photo.
Buffed out.
Voila! End result!

You can find more Vapour Organic Beauty products HERE.

Hopefully you find this review helpful! If you currently use natural, organic, or vegan products, I would love to hear about them! Leave me a comment below or email me at kelseylenay@hotmail; you can find me on twitter @kelseylenayyy or instagram @kelseylenayy

Thanks for reading!
XO, Kelsey

**As started before, I did receive these products free, for consideration of review. Vapour Organic Beauty has no influence on my opinion of these products, as no brand or company ever will! I genuinely enjoy these products and am offering my honest opinion of how they performed on me personally!