Comfy Cross Patch Sweater [Outfit] and "The Sweater Weather" Tag

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Since it is absolutely freezing right now, I figure I might as well embrace the cold weather and accept the fact that it is only going to get colder from here...which means SWEATER WEATHER! What is better than an oversize, soft, warm sweater when you're freezing your butt off? Nada. So here I am embracing the cold and switching it up around here-with a tag post! This is actually a pretty popular youtube tag, but for now, I will just stick to the blog posts!


The Sweater Weather Tag
1. Favorite candle scent? First question and this is already hard! I love B&BW's "Spiced Apple Toddy". Mmmm.

2. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate? I am going to have to cheat here and say mixing hot chocolate with coffee. One of the best things ever!

3. What's the best fall memory you have? Honestly probably freshman year of high school, going to every single football game. I never missed one. So long ago...but I love thinking back to that time!

4. Which makeup trend do you prefer: dark lips or winged eyeliner? Dark lips are fun to switch it up and be a little unexpected...but winged eyeliner is a lot more wearable day to day...so I think I prefer winged eyeliner!

5. Best fragrance for fall? Hands down Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb... it smells so good!

6. Favorite Thanksgiving food? Pie. That counts, right? Pumpkin, apple, and cheesecake. Need me on Thanksgiving? Seriously, just look at the dessert table! Oh, and homemade mashed potatoes. Love!

7. What is autumn weather like where you live? The temperature is pretty brisk...the leaves on the trees are gorgeous with different colors and this year we were lucky to not have too much rainy weather!
A picture of my campus last fall :)

8. Most worn sweater? I don't have a most worn sweater yet! I am guessing it will just be soft, cozy sweaters in general!

9. Must-have nail polish this fall? Essie "Wicked". Perfect for fall!

10. Football games or jumping in leaf piles? Football games all the way!

11. Skinny jeans or leggings? Skinny jeans for warmth...but leggings are so comfortable! They are the best to wear with oversize sweaters!

12. Combat boots or Uggs? Combat boots! Currently loving my new ones!

13. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype? Yessss...Not just Starbucks either! So many places are coming out with different takes on it, and I pretty much like them all!

14. Favorite fall TV show? American Horror Story...I haven't been keeping up with it as much this season though...I will have to have a mini-marathon this weekend!

15. What song really gets you into the fall spirit? I can't think of one in particular...but since Christmas music has been everywhere for the past month... I guess that gets me in the fall and winter spirit!

 Sweater: Charlotte Russe // Scarf: Old, similar here, here and here // Leggings: American Apparel 

Boots: Charlotte Russe // Earrings: Charming Charlies (similar)

What is your favorite fall/winter piece of clothing? If you do this tag, leave your link below so I can read your answers too!

Thanks for reading!
XO, Kelsey

My links:

32 comments :

  1. Love this sweater top! Such a chic, comfy look :)

    Abby
    Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! This sweater is sooo soft. I always feel so cozy in it!

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from Love it Link it! I'm loving sweater weather! There's something so be said about being cozy and warm! Love your sweater here, great details.

    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweater weather is my favorite! Right before it gets absolutely freezing outside!

      Delete
  3. That scarf is so pretty! And your sweater is definitely really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sweater is pretty different than any of the others I own!

      Delete
  4. I love your sweater! I haven't seen one like it with the cross elbow patches. Love that you did the sweater weather tag!

    Katie
    Style Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sweater tag was fun! I think I may do more tags soon!

      Delete
  5. I can't believe how inexpensive that sweater is.. soo cute! Such a pretty post! :)

    Dakota
    dakotabee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sweater is so affordable! I know I will get my moneys worth (even though it was inexpensive!)

      Delete
  6. Over-sized sweaters and leggings are one of my favorite outfit combos! Love this sweater and the back of it is so unique!

    xx Krista
    www.sugarlovechic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get enough of that combo! Sometimes I just have to force myself to change it up and wear jeans instead, haha!

      Delete
  7. LOVE this sweater! The elbows are too cute!

    xo, tasha
    twenty-something blog
    Enter to Win a $30 Four Seasons Accessories Gift Card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The elbow patches are pretty unique! :)

      Delete
  8. Just pinned a few of your images - GORGEOUS girlfriend! I love this look so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Feel free to pin whenever! Thanks for the compliment, you are so sweet!

      Delete
  9. Your lipstick is so pretty, I love rich colors like that.

    http://sophistikated1992.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in the shade "Blissful Berry".

      Delete
  10. That sweater is so cute with the crosses on the sleeves! You look fantastic!'

    XO,
    http://www.sororitygirlintherealworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty sweater! I love the back of it! And it looks perfect with the red scarf.
    Hope you've had a great holiday weekend!
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a great holiday weekend! I hope you did as well!

      Delete
  12. that sweater is wonderful and love the scarf with it. Boots are pretty awesome as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the scarf so perfect for the holidays?! I love it!

      Delete
  13. omg my fav thing for weather like this is a flannel shirt (of course) but i love this look and hey we share the same bi-polar weather haha I'm in PA. Thanks for stopping by my blog also :)
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh PA! That is pretty close to me! I love flannels and layers...can't go wrong with that!

      Delete
  14. Love the outfit and love your pictures, they are gorgeous! I just found your blog and I can't wait to follow along. Loved reading that you are in nursing school, I am a Nurse Practitioner and love the nursing profession, it is a great one! Come check my blog out as well =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited you found my blog! I really love reading blogs of nurses and those in the medical field! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. Love your shoes! & sweater :) Youre so pretty!

    xoxo,

    -A

    www.truesoulandspirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank your so much, so sweet! I can't get enough of my shoes! I just need them in black and gray and my life will be complete, haha.

      Delete
  16. You are gorgeous and this sweater is ADORABLE!
    Kat | www.poshbykat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So glad you stopped by-now I have a new blog to follow!

      Delete

The time you take to leave me a comment really means a lot and makes my day, don't be shy!

**Also, I want to be able to reply to what you say! This means you need to have your email linked to your account. If you need help doing this, 1) go to your blogger dashboard, 2) click on "edit profile" and go to where is says "show my email address". After this, 3) scroll back up and click "save profile".

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground